Natural Factors Lutein uses LuteinRich, naturally sourced, pure, high-potency lutein and zeaxanthin derived from marigold petals. LuteinRich is non-irradiated and GMO-free. Lutein and zeaxanthin are carotenoid antioxidants that are concentrated in the eyes, where they protect the lens and retina from damage caused by toxic free radicals and exposure to sunlight.
- Provides antioxidants that help maintain eye health
- Protects the retina from free radical damage and conditions associated with exposure to sunlight, such as cataracts
- Helps in the treatment and prevention of age-related macular degeneration (AMD)
- Improves visual acuity and contrast sensitivity by increasing the optical density of macular pigment
- Contains zeaxanthin, which is essential for a healthy macula (the central area of the retina that sees fine detail)
|Medicinal Ingredients (per softgel):|
|LuteinRichTM Lutein (Tagetes erecta) (marigold flower)||40 mg|
|Zeaxanthin (Tagetes erecta) (marigold flower)||7 mg|
Organic flaxseed oil, softgel (gelatin, glycerin, purified water, annatto extract, titanium dioxide), dextrin, non-GMO sunflower lecithin, yellow beeswax
An antioxidant for the maintenance of eye health. Helps maintain/support eyesight in conditions (associated with sunlight damage) such as cataracts and age-related macular degeneration. Helps reduce the risk of developing cataracts and helps improve macular pigment optical density.