New Roots Strong Bones
Strong Bones helps you build and maintain stronger bones. Strong Bones contains the proper form of calcium (MCHA) from New Zealand, with cofactors for immediate absorption for the prevention of osteoporosis.
Bones are indeed amazing. They serve as a frame for our bodies and to protect key locations. Bones also perform several important biological roles as well. These include the creation of blood, a store of nutrients and a medium of detoxification. It is important to support strong bones and bone growth. This is especially true for women who are four times more likely to suffer from osteoporosis. As women age, changes in their estrogen levels can affect their bone mass. This is often unnoticed as osteoporosis is a silent disease.
Strong Bones is a broad spectrum formula to defend against ostoeporosis. The strength of Strong Bones begins with microcrystalline hydroxyapatite (MCHC), the most readily available form of calcium for human supplementation, which is also rich in proteins and phosphorus. This is the same type of calcium found in humans. Our MCHC is sourced from pasture fed New Zealand bovine certified free from antibiotics, herbicides, pesticides and mad cow disease. It is freeze dried to offer the highest quality possible.
- The amino acids L-lysine and L-proline improve calcium absorption and support collagen production, with support of vitamin C.
- Glucosamine sulfate represents a natural component for healthy cartilage and the production of connective tissue.
- Magnesium is included to facilitate the absorption of calcium.
- Zinc, copper, manganese and boron are essential elements for bone growth, collagen formation, and the maintenance of strong connective tissue, along with promoting calcium retention.
- Vitamin B1 (thiamin) is essential to the formula to support metabolism of carbohydrates and for its role in energy production at the cellular level.
- Vitamin K2 is included for its dual role in bone production and in the prevention of bone loss.
- The more absorbable form of magnesium, bisglycinate, has replaced the magnesium oxide due to its superior absorption.
- Silica-rich horsetail promotes the strength and elasticity of connective tissue.
- Curcumin 95% curcuminoids is among the new ingredients in Strong Bones. With a long history of use as an anti-inflammatory, recent studies show its value in the battle against osteoporosis.
- Lutein extract supports levels of this carotenoid, which have been shown in studies to be deficient in women with several forms of osteoporosis.
- Grape seed extract 95% proanthocyanidins has been shown to enhance bone density in animal trials.
- Green tea 75% epigallocatechin gallate - According to studies out of Hong Kong, green tea EGCG boosted the activity of a key enzyme that promotes bone growth by up to 79 percent. EGCG also significantly boosted levels of bone mineralization in the cells, which strengthens bones. The scientists also showed that high concentrations of EGCG blocked the activity of a type of cell (osteoclast) that breaks down or weakens bones.
- Lycopene, a phytochemical found in tomatoes, protects bone-producing cells from oxidative stress.
- Studies in both the US and the Netherlands have shown folic acid supplementation helps prevent bone fractures in the elderly.
- The coenzyme form of vitamin B12, methylcobalamin, completes the formula as research at Tufts University have identified methylcobalamin as a modifiable risk factor in bone mineral density research.
Directions of Use:
Adults: Take 2 capsules one to three times daily with food or as directed by your health care practitioner. Take a few hours before or after taking other medications.